We are currently looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to join our Backend Team in Aalborg. The team’s mission is to process 10 times as much data as we do now, and you will have a key role in fulfilling that mission. The Backend Team is part of 1 out of 4 teams in the Development Department, currently counting over 25 colleagues (and still expanding), all working from our Aalborg office.
As our new DevOps Engineer you will maintain and improve our Kubernetes cluster, service database pipelines, work on indoor wayfinding algorithms and geo-spacial algorithms, and also develop features for our indoor navigation platform, MapsIndoors.
MapsIndoors supplies map visualization, navigation, search and other advanced features to the customer application and is often a major part of the key use-cases.
The platform supplies some of the world's largest corporations within IT, finance, technology, sports and convention centers, and is used by millions of end-users every day.
You will have responsibility within the following area:
- Administrator for GCP and AWS.
- Maintain and document the MapsPeople cloud setup
- Assist other teams in the Development Department with design setup of cloud infrastructure
- Maintain documentation on the MapsPeople cloud infrastructure setup
- Setup and maintain internal and external kubernetes clusters
- Setup and maintain tool used along with kubernetes (Traefik, FluxCD, etc)
- Write and maintain documentation on clusters, cluster setup and their usage
- Assist the Solution Engineer Team with security assessments
- Ensure security compliance
- Maintain Identity Server setup in the backend
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Setup and maintain the non platform specific parts of pipelines for all teams
- Maintain Grafana monitoring setup
You probably hold a relevant degree within SW development and 4+ years experience with Cloud technologies, preferably in Kubernetes or Docker/GCP which is required to be successful in this position.
You’re a teamplayer who likes a challenge and to work on solutions in collaboration with your colleagues. At MapsPeople we value our social culture, so it is important that you also want to take part and contribute to our culture when you’re in the office.
You abilities and skills:
- Solid experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience in DevOps CI/CD
- Experience with GIT
- Can work autonomously and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Not afraid of taking on hard challenges and diving into unknown territory
- Can work from our Aalborg office a majority of the time
It will also be and advantage if you are experience with following technologies:
- C#, .NET core
- MongoDB or other NoSQL database
- FluxCD, Traefik, Grafana
- Agile development methods and tools (GitOps, Jira, GitLab, Slack)
Additionally, any knowledge of or experience with SaaS solutions is an advantage.
On a personal level, you are...:
- curious about new technologies and ways of working
- able to work responsibly and independently benefitting the team and working towards achieving common goals
- innovative and quality conscious
- last but not least: up for a friendly game of table tennis or foosball when the opportunity presents itself!
You can expect a job with a lot of exciting professional and personal challenges. Your effort will make a difference for clients around the world, where our platform plays a central role in regards to indoor mapping, indoor positioning, and in the integration with various software and hardware technologies.
You can expect us to work together and pull together as a team.
You will experience modern office facilities with room for contemplation and an informal and dynamic company culture.
We offer a compensation package that matches your qualifications as well as flexitime, lunch, and retirement and healthcare plans.
MapsPeople - guiding you anywhere - anytime:
MapsPeople is a world-leading provider of indoor navigation through our flagship product ‘MapsIndoors’. For more than a decade, we’ve been a trusted partner and provider of Google Maps licensing products.
From our offices in Aalborg (HQ), Copenhagen, and Austin (USA), we strive to bring value to our customers and end-users. We are proud to serve some of the world’s most recognized companies and institutions, e.g. Arlanda Airport, Golden State Warriors, Miami Dade College, Mobile World Congress, and many more.
We have a strong collaboration with Google Maps, and for several years, we have been a Google Maps Premier Partner.
At MapsPeople we value professionalism, creativity, and speed in an informal environment.
We are 90+ dedicated employees who represent 18 different nationalities. To support our continued growth, we are recruiting a lot of new talent.
We look forward to receiving your resumé for this position. Please upload your documents in pdf-format by clicking on the 'Apply for this job'-button below.
For more information, reach out to Recruiter, Marcus Kaas, on phone +45 2764 4280 or e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE for candidates: To comply with European legislation regarding the processing of personal information (GDPR), we only accept applications and resumes via the MapsPeople career site (career.mapspeople.com). This means that only applications/resumes submitted via the career site are considered in the recruitment process. Applications and resumes sent to MapsPeople employees on e-mail are discarded without notice.
NOTE for headhunters/recruiting agencies: MapsPeople does not accept forwarding of any candidate resumes or candidate description from third parties including recruiting agencies or consultancy companies without an explicit and written agreement.
In case MapsPeople hires a candidate who has connected to MapsPeople or applied for a specific job via our career site.