You will be part of a diverse team with a variety of skills, each contributing to the overall success. Team effort will be a key element of your work day, and as our new team member you will lead by example to:
- help motivate a team of highly engaged engineers who take pride in shipping resilient code on time
- own features from beginning to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to make sure it is built right
- lead by example to contribute well-tested code creating the best possible user experience for internal teams and external developers building with MapsIndoors SDKs
- be the champion for upholding our high standards for engineering and product quality and helping your colleagues to do the same
- work in a flexible, agile team using tools such as Jira, Git and Slack to get your best work done
You will also work on:
- building features for our SDK that has an impact on millions of end-users
- help some of our world-renowned customers implement MapsIndoors
- building features for our CMS that has a direct impact on the efficiency of internal teams and external users alike
- improving our testing processes, participating in architectural discussions and being the web product champion.
We imagine you have a relevant degree within Web Development and at least 3 years of relevant work experience. Besides your ability to work independently on your own assignments, it is important that you are a team player and help your colleagues to do their best work too. We value knowledge sharing, and view problem solving as a collective responsibility. We encourage everyone to seek solutions within the team and always help each other out.
On a professional level, you have experience with:
- Web Components, CSS, Angular and similar technologies
- HTTP and REST interfaces
- Jest or similar test frameworks
- Jira, Git, Slack, Scrum (or other agile frameworks)
On a personal level, you:
- have strong communication skills, both verbally as well as in writing
- are keen on learning new technologies, frameworks and ways of working
- work both independently and in close collaboration with the team
- think innovatively and are quality-conscious
- are comfortable leading discussions on how best to achieve our common goals
You can expect a job with a lot of exciting professional and personal challenges. Your effort will make a difference for clients around the world, where our platform plays a central role in regards to indoor mapping, indoor positioning, and in the integration with various software and hardware technologies.
You can expect us to work together and pull together as a team.
You will experience modern office facilities with room for contemplation and an informal and dynamic company culture.
We offer a compensation package that matches your qualifications as well as flexitime, lunch, and retirement and healthcare plans.
MapsPeople - guiding you anywhere - anytime:
MapsPeople is a world-leading provider of indoor navigation through our flagship product ‘MapsIndoors’. For more than a decade, we’ve been a trusted partner and provider of Google Maps licensing products.
From our offices in Aalborg (HQ), Copenhagen, and Austin (USA), we strive to bring value to our customers and end-users. We are proud to serve some of the world’s most recognized companies and institutions, e.g. Arlanda Airport, Golden State Warriors, Miami Dade College, Mobile World Congress, and many more.
We have a strong collaboration with Google Maps, and for several years, we have been a Google Maps Premier Partner.
At MapsPeople we value professionalism, creativity, and speed in an informal environment.
We are 90+ dedicated employees who represent 18 different nationalities. To support our continued growth, we are recruiting a lot of new talent.
We look forward to receiving your resumé for this position. Please upload your documents in pdf-format by clicking on the 'Apply for this job'-button below.
For more information, reach out to Recruiter, Marcus Kaas, on phone +45 2764 4280 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE for candidates: To comply with European legislation regarding the processing of personal information (GDPR), we only accept applications and resumes via the MapsPeople career site (career.mapspeople.com). This means that only applications/resumes submitted via the career site are considered in the recruitment process. Applications and resumes sent to MapsPeople employees on e-mail are discarded without notice.
NOTE for headhunters/recruiting agencies: MapsPeople does not accept forwarding of any candidate resumes or candidate description from third parties including recruiting agencies or consultancy companies without an explicit and written agreement.
In case MapsPeople hires a candidate who has connected to MapsPeople or applied for a specific job via our career site.