To stand out from the crowd, you might consider sending a targeted resume that focuses on a specific job opening. Why? We’ll share a few reasons below.
- Customizing your resume for a specific job opening highlights your competencies and specific aspects of your work and education history
- When highlighting your competencies, you show what value you’d bring
- You make a good impression in a short time
- Targeting your resume boosts your motivation for applying (we know this from experience)
Then you might ask how to make a targeted resume for MapsPeople. This doesn’t mean you need to rewrite your whole resume. With a few edits, you can make your resume stand out from the crowd.
- First, you should read the job post and see which qualities and skills to emphasize on your resume
- Make sure your resume is up to date, add if you have taken a course or you have gained new skills
- Present your experience in chronological order, the most recent experience first
- Include a profile summary where you highlight your skills and experience that makes you a good fit in the specific position
- Take some keywords from the job posting and work them into your resume to make your resume to be as close a match as possible
- Add soft skills. At MapsPeople, we work across departments and together as a team, you could highlight these aspects in your resume and show how you’d fit in the MapsPeople culture.
Targeted resumes require some effort, but when you highlight the specific competencies and requirements, it makes it clear why you’d be a good match in the position. So it’s worth trying for.
If you think MapsPeople as a potential employer, connect with us and be the first one hearing about new job opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you.